Re: Is HTTP/1.0 still relevant?

On Fri, 4 Sep 2020, Stefan Eissing wrote:

> Many existing OCSP clients in servers (*cough*), use HTTP/1.0 to staple
> certificates. I have no data from the IoT devices of the world, but I would
> suspect many of them will do as well.

On "IoT devices", meaning things that are smaller than what can comfortably
run Linux, "HTTP(S) clients" are often the RTOS vendor's 100 lines of C code
without error checks full of dirty assumptions which can only be considered
HTTP/1.0 at best...

Luckily, such devices often use a specific subset of servers for particular
purposes so most of those won't randomly go using servers "in the wild".

--

  / daniel.haxx.se