Re: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-httpbis-priority-00.txt

2020年3月6日(金) 11:12 Ian Swett <ianswett@google.com>:

> I think it would be nice to allow the frame on the request stream, but
> it's not a must.  The current design works from my perspective, but it uses
> a few more bytes.  If others support allowing it on the request stream, I'd
> be supportive, and the additional code is tiny, but I'm not going to fight
> for it really strongly and I certainly don't want to delay this effort to
> fight for it.

I think my preference goes to sending priority only on the control stream,
for simplicity and robustness.

Having two ways to signal priorities through a frame is complex.

I would point out that Chrome (as it is now) sends the PRIORITY_UPDATE
frame on the control stream before the HEADERS frame on the request stream,
and I like it.

QUIC does not have ordering guarantee between streams, and that means that
there's always chance for a PRIORITY_UPDATE frame to arrive after the
prioritization signal sent on the request stream, regardless of that signal
being a header field or a frame.

Therefore, servers ought to buffer the information conveyed in the
PRIORITY_UPDATE frame being received on the control stream. The current
behavior of Chrome helps server developers do that.

--
Kazuho Oku