Re: Working Group Last Call: Structured Headers for HTTP

On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 11:29 AM Rob Sayre <sayrer@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 9:14 AM Tommy Pauly <tpauly@apple.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> The Structured Headers draft was updated yesterday, and Mark (as author)
>> let me know that the authors believe this is ready for last call. The
>> issues list is down to zero, so it's a good time for the working group to
>> take a careful read-through the document, and get it progressed!
>>

> I think the technical aim of the document is fine, but it needs another
> round just looking for editorial nits. I found small things like:
>
> Duplicate parsing steps (#2 and #6):
>
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-header-structure-15#section-4.2

Ah, I see this is intentional, since the other sections say "input_string
is modified to remove the parsed value."

I am not sure this is a good way to specify this behavior, but it is
consistent and does not rise to level of an objection.

thanks,
Rob