Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-nottingham-binary-structured-headers-01.txt

FYI. Beyond some tweaks to the straw-man wire format, the biggest change is to add some data in Appendix A about how often the directly represented fields map successfully (based upon about 400 million HTTP exchanges in the HTTP archive).

Next step is to try to to roughly quantify how much more efficient the binary format is over parsing text, I think.

Feedback appreciated; this is still mostly a thought experiment.

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/