Re: HTTP Alternative Services Best Practices?

On Tue, Dec 17, 2019 at 11:45 AM Lucas Pardue <lucaspardue.24.7@gmail.com>
wrote:

> In my original email I also neglected to mention the Alt-Used header or
> the "clear" special value, which may have different considerations
> applicable to different deployments. Is there much experience with these at
> Internet scale?

I believe that Chrome does not set the Alt-Used header (missing Chrome
feature #2 in this thread :>) so I have no experience there. On the other
hand we do have experience with clear. We've used it, I believe, when
attempting to shut QUIC off because of security problems. (*sigh*) This
seemed to be relatively effective (as you would expect) in getting clients
to cease attempting to make QUIC handshakes. But I'm not sure we have much
to write home about beyond that...