Re: Interoping draft 20 HTTP/3

From: Dmitri Tikhonov <dtikhonov@litespeedtech.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2019 09:21:41 -0400
To: Lucas Pardue <lucaspardue.24.7@gmail.com>
Cc: QUIC WG <quic@ietf.org>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 02:04:40PM +0100, Lucas Pardue wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Mar 2019, 11:03 , <dtikhonov@litespeedtech.com> wrote:
>
> > What are the QPACK issues that need addressing?  To the best of my
> > knowledge, there are no outstanding QPACK issues whose resolution
> > would effect changes in implementation.
> >
> There's a balance between impact of change on code, and the impact on
> interop. So the obvious one that sticks out to me is #2371 - assign QPACK
> error codes. This was agreed in Tokyo but no PR emerged.

It's been several weeks since Alan's promise to add the error codes.
If you want to help out, he'd probably appreciate a ready-to-merge
pull request with the codes.

Looking over the list [1], it would be nice is we resolved 2100
before -20 -- but it does not affect QPACK proper.

> I just get a little sad that HTTP/3 is somewhat the lesser-loved
> middle child.

The way I look at it is "squeaky wheel gets the grease."  Maybe HTTP/3
is fine.

  - Dmitri.

1. https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+qpack+in%3Atitle