Re: Are HTTP/2 state changes atomic with respect to SETTINGS_MAX_CONCURRENT_STREAMS?

On Fri, Feb 08, 2019 at 11:40:46PM +0000, Mike Bishop wrote:
> >From 5.1:  "For the purpose of state transitions, the END_STREAM flag is
>    processed as a separate event to the frame that bears it; a HEADERS
>    frame with the END_STREAM flag set can cause two state transitions."
>
> This means that the frame causes two events -- increasing the number of
> concurrent streams, then decreasing it again.

I was surprised by this assertion, until I found that streams in the
reserved state are not counted. Do you have an idea why it's done this
way ? This means that a server can trivially DoS a client or intermediary
by pushing 1 billion streams that must be memorized and are not accounted
for :-/

Willy