Re: Shouldn't we add a new CLOSING state in H2 ?

I've run into this too. On H1 as well, of course. The solution space seems
to be

1] a go-away ack to handshake the go-away

2] document a strategy about not closing the session until all the session
flow control credits for streams <= last id have been returned to the
sender. session credits would be more reliable than stream credits, but I'm
not sure the peer is actually really required to send them while closing if
they seem redundant.

3] wait for h3 where this little tcp artifact of intentionally losing data
is not an issue.

it might be reasonable to do all 3