Re: Cache Digests status

On Thu, Jan 24, 2019, at 20:39, block.rxckin.beats@gmail.com wrote:
> I don't wanna let Cache Digest dead too.
>
> currently mozilla seems not mention about this,
> so I'm asking Mozilla Standard Position.
>
> https://github.com/mozilla/standards-positions/issues/131
>
> reply for this will good material for considering this specs future.

Thanks for opening that.  I've responded there.  This is somewhat difficult, and I sympathize with the chairs' thinking here as well.  This is a neat idea and it - at least in theory - offers prospects for making server push better/viable (depending on your perspective there...).

However, for us at least, our current understanding of the cost-benefit tradeoff is that it isn't really worth doing right now.  The chairs are making the right call.