Re: "Fragment" request header

Hi Daniel, (I would say "dveditz" but I'm not sure what's appropriate here)

It seems like any site "coded with the assumption that the fragment is a
safe place to stuff data" would ignore the new header, right? The proposal
does not place the fragment in the HTTP request line.

The fragment header would not trigger any change in existing sites, but new
servers aware of the header might vary their responses. So I think sending
the fragment in a request header would be backward compatible.

A concrete example is this blog post:
https://avc.com/2011/04/finding-and-buying-a-domain-name/

The link for "Eric Friedman" is currently broken, but Twitter might be able
to efficiently vary their response if they knew the fragment identifier at
request time.

thanks,
Rob