RE: Call For Adoption: HTTP/2 and TLS 1.3 post-handshake authentication

Late to the party, but yes.

David wrote this draft because I didn’t think it was appropriate for Secondary Certs (as an extension) to mandate HTTP/2 behavior outside of implementors of Secondary Certs and wouldn’t take his PR in that document.  I fully support the text itself.  Here it is, and we should adopt and publish it.

From: Patrick McManus <mcmanus@ducksong.com>
Sent: Monday, April 15, 2019 12:02 PM
To: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
Subject: Call For Adoption: HTTP/2 and TLS 1.3 post-handshake authentication

Friendly Folk of HTTPbis,

A fortnight ago David Benjamin published https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-davidben-http2-tls13 as an individual draft. It 'clarifies the use of TLS 1.3 post-handshake authentication and key update with HTTP/2'.

Feedback both on the list and informally has been along the lines of "that's what we all mean - it should be written down just like that".

To take advantage of David's kindness in writing it down, we're going to issue a call for adoption for using this individual draft as the starting point for a working group document with David as the author.

This email starts a call for adoption. Please reply to this email with your thoughts, and state whether or not you believe the group should adopt this document. Feedback is requested by Monday, April 29.

Thanks!

-Patrick