Re: HTTP redirect section draft-ietf-httpbis-bcp56bis-08

Hi Julian,
My reference was the https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7231#section-6.4.3

...Since the redirection might be altered on occasion, the client
ought to continue to use the
   effective request URI for future requests.

This can be wrongly interpreted as "the redirect does not change the base
URI of the object".
I fully agree this is not the case and that reading it such is
misinterpretation, but since I have seen many such wrong interpretations I
thought it would be good to clarify.
As this draft bcp56bis is about helping protocols to use HTTP properly, I
thought it may be a good place to clarify.

Thanks,
Ori

--

*Ori Finkelman*Qwilt | Work: +972-72-2221647 | Mobile: +972-52-3832189 |
orif@qwilt.com