Re: New Version Notification for draft-nottingham-cache-header-00.txt

> On 10 Sep 2018, at 5:24 am, Alessandro Ghedini <alessandro@ghedini.me> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Sep 07, 2018 at 04:44:46PM +1000, Mark Nottingham wrote:
>> FYI; IMO it's past time to standardise x-cache and have a real spec for it.
>>
>> This is a straw-man, based on a bit of research on existing implementations.
>>
>> Pretty version at:
>>  https://mnot.github.io/I-D/cache-header/
>>
>> Comments? I think the primary audience here is proxy cache and CDN vendors, and their users.
>
> This seems like a useful thing. Now to the bikeshedding: "Cache" seems a bit
> too generic to me, "Cache-Status" maybe?

I used "Cache" because current practice is using "X-Cache". Happy to bikeshed on other names :)

> Also agree that the "ERROR" cache-action seems redundant given that we already
> have ways to signal errors with status codes.

Yes. That's a discussion worth digging into; I've got another spec in the wings for that...

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/