Re: New Version Notification for draft-nottingham-cache-header-00.txt

That'll work.

Regards

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Date: Saturday, 8 September 2018 at 09:32
To: Thomas Peterson <hidinginthebbc@gmail.com>
Cc: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
Subject: Re: New Version Notification for  draft-nottingham-cache-header-00.txt

    Hi Thomas,

    Thanks.

    My initial thought is that HIT_STALE covers the case you describe (which sounds a lot like RFC5861 stale-while-revalidate).

    I could see adding a parameter that indicates that the cache intends to update the entry asynchronously in the near future; would that work?

    Cheers,

    Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/