Re: New Version Notification for draft-cdn-loop-prevention-00.txt

Hi Martin,

> On 3 Jul 2018, at 9:46 am, Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Did you want to hint at what you might do when you receive one of
> these things?  That is, is there a 5xx-series status code that a CDN
> might use if it recognizes itself in the header field?

I think that's entirely up to the CDN and its configuration by customers.

> As Patrick mentioned, Via is abused in ways that can be fairly
> invasive.  Aside from the obvious question of how this time it will be
> different, which might be addressed with more text

Based on the discussion so far, I think a FAQ might help, yes.

> , are there some missing privacy considerations?

Such as? It's only a request header. I suppose the CDN could put sensitive information in the payload if it wanted to, but that's no different from any other header field that allows extensibility, or unregistered fields. Did you have something else in mind?

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/