Re: Working Group Last Call for draft-ietf-httpbis-expect-ct-05

On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 5:10 PM Alessandro Ghedini <alessandro@ghedini.me>
wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 03:40:20PM -0700, Emily Stark wrote:
> > I'm not quite sure what to do about IP certificates. I value consistency
> > with HSTS/HPKP and I'm not sure it makes sense to allow IP certificates
> for
> > Expect-CT for hypothetical use cases at the cost of diverging from
> > HSTS/HPKP.
>
> FWIW, https://1.1.1.1 and friends (1.0.0.1 and IPv6 variants) send both
> HSTS
> and Expect-CT (mostly as a side-effect of going through the Cloudflare
> CDN). I
> realize it's not exactly a common use case, but it's also not hypothetical
> :)

Ah, interesting. Ok, it seems reasonable to me to drop that restriction if
there are actual users, so I've done so in
https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/commit/cdcf9ccbcc7583ab41b5f1680770b761ff6b49f0
.