Re: Working Group Last Call for draft-ietf-httpbis-expect-ct-05

On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 03:40:20PM -0700, Emily Stark wrote:
> I'm not quite sure what to do about IP certificates. I value consistency
> with HSTS/HPKP and I'm not sure it makes sense to allow IP certificates for
> Expect-CT for hypothetical use cases at the cost of diverging from
> HSTS/HPKP.

FWIW, https://1.1.1.1 and friends (1.0.0.1 and IPv6 variants) send both HSTS
and Expect-CT (mostly as a side-effect of going through the Cloudflare CDN). I
realize it's not exactly a common use case, but it's also not hypothetical :)

Cheers