Re: I-D Action: draft-ietf-httpbis-header-structure-06.txt

On Tue, Jun 05, 2018 at 12:22:25PM +0200, Mark Nottingham wrote:
> FYI - this revision adds serialisation algorithms for the structures,
> and rearranges things to more clearly separate the abstract data model,
> parsing and serialisation.

> >  Filename        : draft-ietf-httpbis-header-structure-06.txt

Spotted in quick readthrough of the diff:

4.1.7.  Serialising a String
   Given a string as input:
   1.  If input is not a sequence of characters, or contains characters
       outside the range allowed by the ABNF defined in Section 3.7,
       fail serialisation.
   2.  Let output be an empty string.
   3.  Append DQUOTE to output.
   4.  For each character char in input:
       1.  If char is "" or DQUOTE:
           1.  Append "" to output.
       2.  Append char to output, using ASCII encoding [RFC0020].
   5.  Append DQUOTE to output.
   6.  Return output.

The steps 4.1 and 4.1.1 look off... I am guessing those should have "\"
instead of "".

-Ilari