Re: Underscores

On 5/11/2018 10:16 PM, Mike Bishop wrote:
> Given that the document hasn't yet been adopted, there's plenty of room
> for adjustments before last call. 😉

Oh good...

> Personally, so long as there's a way to go from an HTTP origin to a DNS
> lookup, I'm amenable to just about any encoding that makes DNSop happy.

Well, I'm a visitor to that working group, though I'm authoring the
drafts.  So I can't presume to speak for the working group.  But in
terms of pragmatics, I think adapting the type of language I've put
forward for SRV and URI meta-specifications out to work.

The essential change in thinking, for the dns-alt-svc document, is to
refer to the global (right-most) _underscored name conceptually as a
'scheme', but then direct its explicit listing in the new global
underscore node name registry.

d/

--
Dave Crocker