From: Biren Roy [birenroy@google.com]
Sent: 02 May 2018 23:26
To: Patrick McManus
Cc: HTTP Working Group
Subject: Re: I-D Action: draft-ietf-httpbis-h2-websockets-03.txt

Not related to the latest draft text, but regarding Websockets over HTTP/2 generally: we recently discovered that versions of the okhttp client library before 3.1.0 would send a GOAWAY upon receiving an unknown setting ID. This is causing us some difficulty as we attempt to perform interoperation tests with our implementation.

I've heard a few people suggest that we try something like GREASE<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tls-grease-00> for HTTP/2 settings, to expose this type of bug sooner.