Re: Concrete format for signed responses

On 7 December 2017 at 08:20, Jeffrey Yasskin <jyasskin@google.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 6, 2017 at 10:42 AM Mike Bishop <mbishop@evequefou.be> wrote:
>>
>> 3.6.1:  If you’re saying a client MAY do something other than what it MUST
>> do per RFC7540, you might want to frame this as an extension.  In that vein,
>> an HTTP/2 setting advertising support for this from the client might be in
>> order.  You could also define a more specific error code for invalid
>> unauthoritative pushes.
>
> Seems reasonable. Do you have any favorite extensions I could copy from?
> Origin Frame is close, but it merely defines something that
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7230#section-9.1 leaves vague, unlike this
> extension that explicitly reverses a MUST from RFC7540.

A while back I was working on an extension that adds a new flavour of
DATA frame[1], including changes to the state machine, flow control,
etc. and a setting to advertise support.  It might be useful as a
draft, even if it's not particularly useful as a H2 extension :)

[1]: https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kerwin-http2-encoded-data-09

--
  Matthew Kerwin
  http://matthew.kerwin.net.au/