Re: DRAFT: more details for HTTPtre

On 30/11/17 23:12, Lucas Pardue wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> The connection coalescing case is interesting as it's not currently described in HTTP/QUIC. Presumably by oversight or time constraint rather than intent. (We've got a ticket open tracking that one.)
>
> Changing track, I've just seen your SNI I-D
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bishop-httpbis-sni-altsvc-00
>
> References to Frames don't state a specific mapping (HTTP/2 or HTTP/QUIC). Reading between the lines this seems intentional, which got me thinking that also Frames could be described as a new HTTP semantic for binary-capable wire formats.

The HTTP/1 message format is also conceptually interpreted as one or
more Frames consisting of request-line, status-line, mime, and payload
chunks. Which have to be sent in a specific order when sent. The mime
and payload being optional depending on details in the first line.

RFC 7230 even starts describing the details that delimit those areas (in
particular the payload) in terms of "framing".

Amos