Zstd compression (FYI)

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <superuser@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2017 07:57:47 +0000
To: ietf-http-wg@w3.org
I'd like to make this WG aware of a draft that's being processed in the ART area, namely draft-kucherawy-dispatch-zstd[1].  It describes a data compression algorithm and registers a related media type and content encoding.  The developers aren't seeking browser adoption at this point but since it is making entries in registries affecting in this area, I wanted to make it visible here.

It was discussed briefly in DISPATCH at IETF 100, and it was decided that it will be AD-sponsored.  There's no action item for HTTPBIS.  Just FYI.

[1] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kucherawy-dispatch-zstd/ <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kucherawy-dispatch-zstd/>