Re: [Technical Errata Reported] RFC7725 (5181)

I think this erratum is probably right, and in the very unlikely event we
were to republish the 451 RFC we should give a little more thought to the
URI in the example.  It could be fun to dream up an address for an ISP of
the Roman Empire - perhaps a sketchy Internet cafe in Corinth - that is
actually interposing the block; I know one or two Latin scholars whom I’m
sure would be delighted to make erudite suggestions. There'd be fun to be
had around something like CXXVII.?.?.I but Roman notation had no zeroes.

Having said that, it's not 100% obvious that the URI is wrong - perhaps you
are sitting in the Senate’s own Imperial Library, foolishly looking for
radical-chic Judean subversives.  The Legionaries are on their way to get
you because you foolishly followed a non-HTTPS link.  It’s the big cats in
the Coliseum for you.

--
- Tim Bray (If you’d like to send me a private message, see
https://keybase.io/timbray)