Re: [hybi] New Version Notification for draft-mcmanus-httpbis-h2-websockets-01.txt

On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 10:39 AM, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net> wrote:
> Just to give some context as to why I don't think it's a subtle change -- consider OWASP's mod_security CRS, which is the basis of most WAF products. It has baked-in assumptions about the semantics of CONNECT; e.g.,
>   <https://github.com/SpiderLabs/owasp-modsecurity-crs/blob/e4e0497be4d598cce0e0a8fef20d1f1e5578c8d0/rules/REQUEST-920-PROTOCOL-ENFORCEMENT.conf>

I found this message quite obtuse (and that file worse), but what I
think you are saying is that an origin server might treat CONNECT
specially in a way that might make a new method easier to deploy.
That's a fine argument for a new method.