Re: HTTP2: Header Field Name.

On Tue, 3 Oct 2017, Felix wrote:

> 1. Before forward a header stream to h1 endpoint. It may need to compare
> every header name. If the name is an iana registered name, convert it to
> upper camel-case. For example, convert "content-type" to "Content-Type".
> Apparently, this is not very efficient.

Well, you shouldn't have to. HTTP/1.1 has case insensitive header names so you
can pass lower case versions of them to the server and it should work.

I say *should* because I know this is a common reason for problems with
upgrading to h2 with legacy code that makes wrong header case assumptions.
Such code should be fixed.

> This change will affect all http2 implementations. It's not too late since
> http2 is not widely used yet.

I'd say HTTP/2 is widely used. Over 17% of the top 10 million sites and almost
35% of the top 1000:

   https://w3techs.com/technologies/comparison/ce-http2

--

  / daniel.haxx.se