Re: Clarification on Alternative Service Connection Failures

The text is referring to any failure - the client MAY want to try a
different alternative in that case. Its just saying don't feel pinned down
by an Alt-Svc announcement just because you started to use it - you can
always use a different one (or the default) if you think it would work
better. A 500 seems a reasonable input to that choice to me.