Re: HTTPBis Call For Adoption: Using Early Data in HTTP [aka Replay]

Well, it's obviously a bike shed, although perhaps we're arguing over the number of doors it needs.

Having one-thing-not-like-the-others isn't optimal, so if we change this it should be how we work going forward. My understanding was that we had decided to stick to the current model, at least for "small" efforts (like this), because both the administrative overhead and the likelihood of errors were significantly higher.

If we start HTTPtre / bisbis / prime / whatever, I can't see that in the "extensions" repo (and not just because it's not an extension). Arguably, Cookiebis should have been separate too, but c'est la vie. I wouldn't reject a suggestion to split it off into a separate repo now, if Mike was interested.

I suspect that Martin has been planning this for some time, and so rarely like to disappoint him, but this may be one of those occurrences.

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/