Re: Geolocation header

On Wed, August 2, 2017 22:45, Guilherme Hermeto wrote:
> Location aware services exist either way and for mobile devices, on
which bandwidth might be limited, I do see value in this "optimization"
as not all are fortunate of having access to high speed connections.

> However, I believe the a couple areas could be better explained:
>
> How should the service proceed if a zealous admin block the headers? Is
there a requirement to fallback to the JS geolocation API?

this admin also blocks JS, so any fallback doesn't make a sense

> How would the user give his consent?

Has any user ever given his consent to be tracked?

> Are there any other headers which may
> raise similar privacy issues and how was it handle there?

these aren't handled,
I don't know of an web admin that does a correct job: or do you know a
popular website, that doesn't interpret the user agent?

it is absolutely invalid to think that a server must do a clients work ...
(the server MUST NOT decide what to sent, the client desides what to
render and what not and how to render)