Re: Geolocation header

IP-based location can be off by up to hundreds of Km (specially on carrier
IPs). This is not a solution for the use case I'm presenting. For some
location-aware services (e.g. I want restaurants near me), you need a
precise location.

Also I'm not sure I understand why a good admin would block these headers.
Why would we have a JS geolocation API
<https://www.w3.org/TR/geolocation-API/> to provide precise location then?

This is not changing anything regarding permissions, and having geolocation
headers would require the same user consent we currently have for the JS
geolocation API. All this proposal is just about a technical improvement on
how location is shared with an origin (after permissions have already been
granted), so a single roundtrip can provide local results (instead of two
roundtrips).