Re: Position of HPACK Dynamic Table Size Update

> On 29 Mar 2017, at 14:32, Tatsuhiro Tsujikawa <tatsuhiro.t@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to clarify the requirement of the position of HPACK Dynamic Table Size Update.
> Should it appear always at the beginning of the header block?  Or is it only required to do so only if it is the ack of SETTINGS?
>
> Background: https://github.com/summerwind/h2spec/issues/78 <https://github.com/summerwind/h2spec/issues/78>
>
> Best regards,
> Tatsuhiro Tsujikawa

Interesting. I’ve definitely read that section of the RFC as saying that dynamic table size updates must occur at the front of a block, but that you may have more than one in sequence. Put another way, a given header table size block may have 0 or more dynamic table size updates, followed by headers.

But of course, there is nothing in the text that actually requires this. It does seems somewhat simpler to say that header table size updates must come at the start of a header block.

Cory