Re: 2017-03-06- UTC, TImeZone, DayLight Saving Shifts, Enconding

> On Mar 19, 2017, at 8:10 AM, Werner Baumann <werner.baumann@onlinehome.de> wrote:
>
> Am Sun, 19 Mar 2017 12:14:39 +0100
> schrieb "Walter H." <Walter.H@mathemainzel.info>:
>
>> I  was not talking about a workday ..., I was talking about the
>> general problem
>> the last day of the year ends at 11:59 pm and not 12:00 am - as this
>> is the time the next day starts;
>
> The moment the next day starts is exactly the same as the moment
> this day ends.

That may be the definition in Outlook, but other systems define intervals other ways.

E.g., in mathematical notation this is the difference between a closed and open interval, such as:

    A: [1,2] closed interval, which includes all values from 1 to 2
    B: [1,2) half open, which includes 1,1.1,...1.999999... but not 2

Your issue seems to be that Outlook isn't clear that it incidents appointments as half closed intervals.

Joe