Re: Ben Campbell's Yes on draft-ietf-httpbis-http2-encryption-10: (with COMMENT)

On 16 March 2017 at 12:56, Ben Campbell <ben@nostrum.com> wrote:
> - Abstract: I agree with the GenART review that the limitations should be
> mentioned in the abstract, or at least early in the document.

I believe that this was addressed in
https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/commit/ca56fd8365d

> - Note to readers: Will this stay in the RFC?

I've removed this from the working copy.  There was no expectation of
it remaining:

https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/commit/2bc987fe8677

> - Introduction: What is the nature of the experiment? Is there an
> expectation to promote it to standards track in the future? Even if the
> answer is "We need to get implementation/deployment experience", it's
> helpful to say "out loud".

There are two aspects to the experiment: "does it even work" has been
a concern raised (that is, across a range of deployments), and "will
anyone bother" is the obvious other.

Maybe add to the introduction:

"This experiment aims to gain deployment experience with this mechanism."

I'm not sure how useful that is given that many (if not all)
experimental RFCs have the same goal.