Re: on HTTP/QUIC and HTTPBis

--------
In message <CAOdDvNqc3nCH-55GPsCVhsWiFt4dXkNTQPFLizpuGPFjbQOg4Q@mail.gmail.com>
, Patrick McManus writes:

Thanks for an excellent summary of QUIC.

I am amazed by how unashamed you applaud movement, nay, rush towards
"mixing application and transport" and "mixing application and
crypto" considering that our entire 50 year experience in computing
has consistently shown that to be The Worst Idea Ever, no matter
how many times people try it.

Given the current state of affairs, I find that course even more
baffeling in light of IETFs snobby "We don't do APIs" attitude,
which is not going to make it any easier for the people who will
be writing the applicryptotransications.

>I think the question for our working group is how we want to engage with
>all this change - [...]

May I suggest: "Recoil in Horror" ?

Poul-Henning

PS: Have you considered sending your (excellent!) summary of QUIC
to RISKS Digest preemptively ?  I for one would love to hear PGN's
reaction...