Re: The future of forward proxy servers in an http/2 over TLS world

You started by stating, without proof, that proxies are needed to block
requests. What are you actually trying to do, and why does that require a
proxy? Do your users opt-in to the feature, or are you trying to impose the
feature on unwilling users? How much control do you have over the user's
machine? Is your proxy installed on the user's machine (like an
anti-virus), on end-user routers, in ISPs, or in a third party? Are you
trying to block hosts or specific URLs? Do you need to inspect the body of
the request or the response, or the headers, or just the URL? How do we
know you're trying to do something that's even feasible in the first place?
(see the previous citation of RFC 3751)

etc.