Re: The future of forward proxy servers in an http/2 over TLS world

--------
In message <emde1bfa93-84c0-49f7-83a4-b9bed24e0276@bodybag>, "Adrien de Croy" writes:

>I believe we need to put some time into working out how we can allow a=20
>proxy to block requests without an awful user experience that costs=20
>users and tech support countless hours to deal with.

That would be possible with the "envelope/message" split which I
used as argument against adopting SPDY for H2, but since people
were in the politically naive "SSL ALL THE THINGS" mode at the time,
nobody seems to have even thought about the long term implications.

>P.s. another key feature is caching, but that is becoming less useful
>anyway.  Customers can often live without caching, they do not tolerate
>being unable to block however.

Caching is incredibly important on the server side still.  That is why
CDNs are having such a party.