Re: Sections 3.3.2 and 3.3.3 allow bogus Content-Length?

On 15 February 2017 at 10:42, Adrien de Croy <adrien@qbik.com> wrote:

> [...]
When we say "content" do we mean content of the message, content of the
representation, or content of the resource? I've always taken
content-length to mean the content of the representation[*] -- which, since
the demise of T-E, basically means message payload.

When we say "body", I hope we're all always talking about message payload.
(i.e.: representation · Range · T-E)

Reasoning about the _*resource*_ (including file size) is the purview of
the application, outside of HTTP transport or semantics. At least, that's
how it looks from my ivory tower.

[*] something something Range something

Cheers
--