Re: (rephrasing, sorry for duplicate) | Re: draft-ietf-httpbis-encryption-encoding

On 11 January 2017 at 06:04, Kari Hurtta <hurtta-ietf@elmme-mailer.org> wrote:
> Client may want keep track which alternative services succeed
> and which failed when reading /.well-known/http-opportunistic

On the one hand, if a server advertises alternatives that are broken,
that really is a server problem.  On the other, clients do these sorts
of things all the time to improve robustness, so that's entirely
reasonable to do.  I just don't think we need to *require* it.