Re: [TLS] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-thomson-http-replay-00.txt

On 06/28/2017 03:00 PM, Ilari Liusvaara wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 02:02:33PM -0500, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:
>>
>> Well, I hope that TLS ends up mandating something that is not the
>> potential billions, in which case it's less of an issue here. Of course,
>> if TLS does not make such a mandate, we could still do so here ...
> Well, the stuff to ensure that you don't get billions (or millions) of
> replays is only SHOULD in the current proposal at TLS WG...

Yeah, I have a comment staged about that on that PR; just not done
reviewing the whole thing yet.

>>> Ahh, 0-RTT token binding is a horror.  This is why generally the
>>> "start over" thing is important.  I think that the best way to
>> Yes.  I don't have any suggested text right now that would emphasize
>> this more, but there may be room for improvement in this area.
> I think tokbind mandates strict global anti-replay for 0-RTT token
> binding. Because there would be an attack otherwise.

Right.  Well, either that or just don't do 0-RTT token binding at all
(my preference), but there may be enough demand for it to get rough
consensus there.

-Ben