Re: HTTP profile for TLS 1.3 0-RTT early data?

On 12 May 2017 at 15:28, Willy Tarreau <w@1wt.eu> wrote:
> And we're back to the original point : if we do this for all requests,
> we're just doing 1-RTT 100% of the time in the end.

Two reasons why it isn't, or might not be:

1.The suggestion was that you would identify a subset of requests that
get passed on.  That might be GET, HEAD and OPTIONS if you want to be
conservative.

2. The data has arrived in less than 1-RTT.  That you don't act on it
later doesn't mean that you haven't at least saved on the time it
takes to move those bytes.  The downside being that your handshake
completion now sits behind a longer line of bytes that are all subject
to loss and therefore head of line blocking.