Re: Call for Adoption: Expect-CT

From: J.C. Jones <jc@mozilla.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2016 18:26:17 -0700
To: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
Better late than never...

On 2016/12/08 13:05, Mark Nottingham wrote:
> Again, there seemed to be strong support in Seoul, and now on the list, for adopting this draft:
>
> <https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-stark-expect-ct>
>
> Please comment / express support on list.

The Security Engineering team at Mozilla is interested in implementing
Expect-CT in Firefox in 2017. I believe this view was communicated in
person but, as I wasn't there, I want to be sure it's recorded properly.

Expect-CT primarily gives us a method to allow website operators to start
testing the as-of-now-unspecified Firefox CT policy across the variety of
end-user environments, and get some feedback as to whether their CDN /
Webserver combination is distributing SCTs properly.

Cheers,

J.C.
Security Engineering, Mozilla