Re: Unicode escape sequence | Re: draft-ietf-httpbis-header-structure-00, unicode range

On 2016-12-14 11:38, Alexey Melnikov wrote:
>> Has this ever been used in a protocol?
> Some:
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc5137/referencedby/

Actually, one.

> This was also extensively used in other RFCs without referencing the BCP.

Example?

The reason why I'm asking is because the notation

  \u'HHHH' or \u'HHHHHH'

strikes me as:

1) verbose

2) potentially problematic because of the use of the single quote (which
might require extra escaping in some contexts)

Best regards, Julian

PS: and, as a nit, it's strange that the syntax uses delimiters but
doesn't allow sequences of 1 to 3 HEXDIGs...