Re: draft-ietf-httpbis-header-structure-00, unicode range

--------
In message <20161213214223.GA8638@LK-Perkele-V2.elisa-laajakaista.fi>, Ilari Li
usvaara writes:

>IIRC, Unicode has exactly 1,111,998 codepoints in total (most of those
>are unallocated).

Future archaeologists will stare at that number and conclude that
"It must have had religious significance for them" :-)

>And I suppose that the surrogates MUST be paired properly (JSON actually
>does not require this).

Yes.  I'm firmly in the "Jon Postel was wrong" camp of protocol design
these days.