Re: [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC7540 (4871)

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2016 20:33:40 +1100
To: Kazuho Oku <kazuhooku@gmail.com>
Cc: Cory Benfield <cory@lukasa.co.uk>, RFC Errata System <rfc-editor@rfc-editor.org>, Mike Belshe <mike@belshe.com>, Roberto Peon <fenix@google.com>, Ben Campbell <ben@nostrum.com>, Alissa Cooper <alissa@cooperw.in>, Alexey Melnikov <aamelnikov@fastmail.fm>, Patrick McManus <pmcmanus@mozilla.com>, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On 1 December 2016 at 15:00, Kazuho Oku <kazuhooku@gmail.com> wrote:
> In H2O, we internally promote CSS and JavaScript files in such way, e.g.:
>
>        +- CSS1 -+
>
>  root -+- CSS2 -+- HTML - ...

> I believe that adding an ability to designate this kind of dependency would
> be better than adding special casing for blocked streams.

Yeah, Patrick decided that he would use weights to fix that.  In your
example, all the HTML would be dependent on an empty node that has
weight 1, which would be adjacent to the JS/CSS.  In theory the HTML
does get some share.

I think that much more complexity and we might as well just upload
javascript for the server to run.