Re: WiSH: A General Purpose Message Framing over Byte-Stream Oriented Wire Protocols (HTTP)

From: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2016 21:18:50 +0000
To: Van Catha <vans554@gmail.com>
cc: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, Takeshi Yoshino <tyoshino@google.com>, Willy Tarreau <w@1wt.eu>, Andy Green <andy@warmcat.com>, "ietf-http-wg@w3.org Group" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>, Wenbo Zhu <wenboz@google.com>, Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
--------
In message <CAG-EYCiVExcyHLoXB1ixQCKduxUPTVOnVX1XrmFJ3b72Y8AAFg@mail.gmail.com>
, Van Catha writes:

>So can we form a new WG then and focus on doing this right vs making
>WebSocket2.  The focus earlier was to get the already coded clients and API
>(websocket API) to be able to work with websockets layered on HTTP2/QUIC,
>if we are in it for the long haul now we might as well form a new group and
>create something more long term?

Apologies for asking a stupid question, but isn't that exactly what QUIC
is all about in the first place ?