Re: New Version Notification for draft-kazuho-early-hints-status-code-00.txt

On 11/11/2016 12:49 AM, Julian Reschke wrote:
> Q: maybe we should create a Wiki page, summarizing implementation status
> and bug reports?

FWIW, based on the results I had access to, most of the HTTP proxies
using our HTTP compliance test suite mishandled 1xx messages one way or
the other. Even today, after all the tests and bug fixes, there is an
outstanding Squid bug where an unfortunate timing of 1xx and other
events lead to a crash. 1xx is evidently tricky to get right.

This data point is not meant to support or combat the "let the bad
implementations surface/suffer" argument. I am just reporting that many,
possibly most proxies mishandle 1xx messages.

HTH,

Alex.