Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-kazuho-early-hints-status-code-00.txt

Hi,

I've just posted a new I-D named "An HTTP Status Code for Indicating Hints".

The draft can be found at
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kazuho-early-hints-status-code/
A prettified editor's copy can be found at https://kazuho.github.io/early-hints/

The draft proposes a new _informational_ status code that can be used
for indicating hints to help a client start making preparations for
processing the final response, while the server struggles to build the
final response.

Actually, we already have a working implementation. H2O, our HTTP/2
server, recognizes Link: rel=preload headers within an informational
response sent from upstream, and tries to push the specified resource.
One reason I decided to write this draft is because I believe it would
be better to standardize the mechanism.

But I also believe that having support for this status code within the
web browsers is beneficial as well.

For example, the proposed status code can be used by edge servers to
notify the client the existence of third-party resources while the
request is processed by an upstream server. It can also be used as an
alternative to H2 push on a bandwidth-constrained network.

In short, I consider the proposed method as a good complement to H2 push.

Please let me know what you think. Thank you in advance.