Re: WiSH: A General Purpose Message Framing over Byte-Stream Oriented Wire Protocols (HTTP)

From: Takeshi Yoshino <tyoshino@google.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2016 04:05:58 +0900
To: Loïc Hoguin <essen@ninenines.eu>
Cc: Costin Manolache <costin@gmail.com>, Wenbo Zhu <wenboz@google.com>, "ietf-http-wg@w3.org Group" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
Sorry for being ambivalent.

We can of course revisit each design decision we made for RFC 6455 framing
and search for the optimal again. But as:
- one of the main philosophies behind WiSH is compatibility with WebSocket
in terms of both spec and implementation
- the WebSocket is widely deployed and therefore we have a lot of
implementations in various languages/platform
- most browsers already have logic for the framing
- the framing is not considered to be so big pain
inheriting the WebSocket framing almost as-is is just good enough.
Basically, I'm leaning toward this plan.

Takeshi