Re: WiSH: A General Purpose Message Framing over Byte-Stream Oriented Wire Protocols (HTTP)

On 10/28/2016 08:41 PM, Costin Manolache wrote:
> Current overhead is 2 bytes if frame is up to 125 bytes long - which I
> think it's not very common,
> 4 bytes for up to 64k, and 10 bytes for anything larger.
> IMHO adding one byte - i.e. making it fixed 5-byte, with first as is,
> and next 4 fixed length would
> be easiest to parse.

Is making it easy (or easier) to parse even a concern anymore?

Considering the number of agents and servers already supporting
Websocket, the numerous libraries for nearly all languages and the great
autobahntestsuite project validating it all, reusing the existing code
is a very sensible solution.

--
Loïc Hoguin
https://ninenines.eu