Re: ID for Immutable

From: Kari Hurtta <hurtta-ietf@elmme-mailer.org>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2016 17:44:05 +0300 (EEST)
CC: Kari Hurtta <hurtta-ietf@elmme-mailer.org>
> Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mcmanus-immutable-00

|    o  User-Agents often provide two different refresh mechanisms: reload
|       and some form of force-reload.  The latter is used to rectify
|      interrupted loads and other corruption.  These reloads should
|      ignore immutable as well.

How about making it

Cache-Control: max-age=31536000, immutable=<hash-function-value>

So that immutable does not have effect if result of hash-function
does not give same value that what is value of immutable
cache control.

Several immutable cache controls are invalid if they are result
of same hash-function.

If server can't calculate hash-function over resource,
is is really static non-caching resource?

I think that this protects agaist that interrupted loads
becomes immutable.

/ Kari Hurtta